Flow Deck Data Collection

Discussions about autonomous flight in general, regardless of positioning method
jeremyp
Beginner

Flow Deck Data Collection

Post by jeremyp »

Hello,

I am looking for information/method on how to view and log the information coming out of the flow deck attached to a crazyflie while in flight.

I would like to do so using the python libraries and not the client.

Thanks
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Flow Deck Data Collection

Post by tobias »

I would suggest using the logging framework but it depends on what your goal is. Information about logging can be found in the python API doc but also in the logging doc.
jeremyp
Beginner

Post by jeremyp »

hi tobias,

I want to be able to collect the data from the flow deck so that I can use that information for my own sensor fusion set up. For the moment I am not too entirely sure what parameter variable I need to log. I am somewhat new to using python and am learning as I go.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I suggest starting by having a look in basiclogSync.py in the examples folder. When you have that running exchange logging parameters to the ones in the flowdeck_v1v2.c file.
droneguy
Beginner

Post by droneguy »

Hey guys,
Is it possible to wirelessly transmit the fused odometry update from the EKF while flying with the flow sensor?

Thanks!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Yes, the Crazyflie state is available as log variables. See the client log toc tab for the list of log variables, the kalman group contains a lot of the EKF state.