autonomousSequence Failure

Discussions about autonomous flight in general, regardless of positioning method
emrefisher
Beginner

autonomousSequence Failure

Post by emrefisher »

I have been trying to get my crazyflie 2.0 up and running autonomously with the Loco Positioning System, but I can't seem to get it to run. Currently whenever I execute the Autonomous Sequence from the examples section of the cflib the crazyflie will connect, however it will stay stuck on estimating the position afterwards. I have my position nodes setup in the inverse triangles the website recommends. It should be noted that one of boards is not working so I only have five anchors until a replacement comes in. I'm not sure if that is the issue. In the client I have been able to connect the loco positioning nodes without a problem so I am really stuck.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: autonomousSequence Failure

Post by arnaud »

The scripts will wait for the position estimate to converge before starting to send setpoints, maybe you are locked there.

A couple of question to understand a bit more where you are:
1. What message is displayed in the console?
2. Are you getting a position in the loco positioning tab and are you able to fly in position hold mode?
emrefisher
Beginner

Post by emrefisher »

So on the console it will just show the message "Waiting for estimator to find position...". And now I can no longer get the client to see the position nodes nor when I'm in my lab space and I try to connect the crazyflie the battery display won't appear, however outside of my lab the battery does show. Also before I was never able to get the crazyflie to be in position hold mode because the assist button, no matter how many times I configured the button layout, would stay in on place.
emrefisher
Beginner

Post by emrefisher »

Update on the situation: the battery now appears, i think it was just a glitch in the GUI, however every time I start up the client the location nodes are greyed out.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

What is the state of the LED on the Loco Deck? The normal behavior is that all the LEDs should blink once at startup and then, depending of the ranging mode, either 3 or 4 of the LEDs should blink.

In what mode are you running and are your anchor setup and blinking as well?

What you are observing looks coherent: if there is no positioning, the script will never be able to measure the position estimation convergence and will not start taking off, which avoids crashes. So the first step is to get a stable position in the client and being able to fly in position hold mode. Then the autonomousSequence script should work fine.
emrefisher
Beginner

Post by emrefisher »

I have determined that the location deck is broken because I had used a friend's crazyflie with a location deck and there's was able to take autonomous flight with ease. Thank you for the support!