SLAM on Crazyflie

Discussions related to positioning systems where the position is calculated outside the Crazyflie and sent to the device using radio, including MoCap systems
khazit
Beginner

SLAM on Crazyflie

Post by khazit »

Hello

For the past months, I've been working on implementing a SLAM algorithm on the Crazyflie for a school project.
Now that the semester is ending, I'll stop working on it and just wanted to share it here in case someone is interested. There is still work to do to improve the performance, but technically it can work pretty well : https://github.com/khazit/CrazySLAM

I've put some contributing guidelines at the end of the README, feel free to make a pull request if you want to make some changes.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: SLAM on Crazyflie

Post by arnaud »

Thanks for sharing, this looks like a great work!

We are sometime posting guest blog post on our blog, often this is a good way to share work with the community. If you are interested in writing a blog post about your work you can drop us a mail at contact _at_ bitcraze.io.
emoyers
Beginner

Re: SLAM on Crazyflie

Post by emoyers »

Hello @arnaud, first of all thanks for sharing. I checked the README in the github repo, seems that you use a lidar first to get a map of the environment that the Crazyflie with travel. Is my understanding correctly?