How to power on the LPS Deck without the Crazyflie?

Discussions related to positioning systems where the position is calculated outside the Crazyflie and sent to the device using radio, including MoCap systems
Fairplay
Beginner

How to power on the LPS Deck without the Crazyflie?

Post by Fairplay »

Hi all,

I'm a graduation student and i started to used the Loco Positioning System to research development. I'm working to learn about development of positioning system's and i need to used a LPS BitCraze Deck without the Crazyflie. I already have some LPS Decks, Nodes and a Crazyflie, and my first question is how to power on the LPS Deck without the CF and used him in the Loco Positioning System in TdoA mode with others LPS Decks. My intention is used the Loco Positioning System in my robots. Does have some paper or link that can help me to initialize my work?
I already opened the schematic of the LPS Deck (https://wiki.bitcraze.io/_media/project ... k_revd.pdf) but i'm not being able to power on.

Any help i will be very grateful.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: How to power on the LPS Deck without the Crazyflie?

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

The LPS deck basically connects the DWM1000 module to the Crazyflie. If you want to use it directly with your robots you will have to power it by putting from 3 to 5V on VCOM and interface the DWM1000 using its SPI port, if you do it that way you will have to implement and SPI driver and port the TDoA code from Crazyflie to your robot.

Depending of your setup, it might be easier to use the node as a tag: you can setup the LPS nodes as sniffer, this allows to receive all the TDoA packets using the node USB port. You will still need to decode the packet and calculate the TDoAs but at least the DW1000 interfacing will be handled by the node.
Fairplay
Beginner

Re: How to power on the LPS Deck without the Crazyflie?

Post by Fairplay »

Hi arnaud,

Thank you so much for your response! This informations will help a lot in my project.