LPS node problem

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
yuhsiang
Beginner

LPS node problem

Post by yuhsiang »

Hi,

I updated the LPS node to the latest firmware and the LPS worked properly in TDoA2 mode. And now I am trying to access to the node low level configuration to force the TX power but facing some issues.

1. I tried to open the node low level configuration via VM. However, it showed permission denied. Then, I tried the command sudo chmod a+rw /dev/ttyACM0 to get into the configuration. Is it correct? Or am I doing something wrong?
Capture.PNG
After I got into the node low level configuration, it showed these message in the terminal without any action.
Capture.PNG
2. Sometimes the terminal kept running these message after the command $ picocom /dev/ttyACM3
and I was not able to stop this and press anything.
Capture1.PNG
3. This is not relevant to the node low level configuration. I was trying to change the node ID by LPS configuration tool. However, the apply button is unavailable. I am able to update the firmware but not change the configure.

Could you please advice me with these issues.

Thank you.

Best,

Yu-Hsiang
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: LPS node problem

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

For your first problem, we forgot to add the VM user to the dialout goup, if you run "sudo usermod -a -G dialout $USER" and restart the VM you will be able to access the node menu without any additional commands and the node configuration will work.

What you see in your last screenshot is the node being set in TWR tag mode. This can be changed by pressing "m" and then another mode (for example "0" for TWR anchor). This will stop the node from displaying these messages and will allow you to type "h" to print the menu again.
yuhsiang
Beginner

Post by yuhsiang »

Hi arnaud,

Thank you for your reply.

It did solve the permission problem.

However, I still faced some issues.

1. When I select the configuration, it shows that EEEPROM configuration changed, restart for it to take effect. What does it mean by restart? Does it mean that I just need to press the reset button on the node?
2. Somehow when I open the node low level configuration, some part of the configuration will changed automatically without any action. Please see here for an example.
Capture.PNG
It didn't do anything but the message shows that it changed from previous device mode to new device mode.

3. Is there anything wrong with the LPS configuration tool. I am not able to press the apply button to change the ID and mode. Please see here.
Capture1.PNG
Best,

Yu-Hsiang
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed answer, I can answer in order:

1. Yes just a reset is enough
2. It can the the Linux modem detection code that is affecting your node. This is odd since we actually designed the node menu to not be affected by it. In any way, you can disable the modem selection by running: "sudo apt-get remove modemmanager -y" in a console.
3. It seems that you are running the node configuration tool on Windows. Have you installed any USB drivers? The node does not require any driver in firmware mode, it will work out of the box as a serial port. If you have installed a driver with Zadig, you should install back the serial port driver, you can do that with Zadig as well.

As a side note: you do not need Linux to reach the configuration of the node, you can use a serial port terminal on windows to configure the node.