[SOLVED] Crazy Bolt with Loco Tag always lost packet(connection) after connecting for a few seconds

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
pimpam
Beginner

[SOLVED] Crazy Bolt with Loco Tag always lost packet(connection) after connecting for a few seconds

Post by pimpam »

Hello guys,

I have tried to apply Crazy Bolt attach with a loco positioning tag in order to use them as a sensor, which gonna be attached on a human wrist (like a watch). In my system, I also have a (for flying purpose) Crazyflie with loco tag. The purpose of doing this because I wanna get real time positions of a Crazyflie and two Crazy bolts (which are on human wrists) and do some interaction among them. However, I found out that when I nested them together and running the code for a second, then those one or two Crazy Bolts will be lost in connection (I knew this because I always printed out the x, y, z positions during running and the data is just lost). Anyway, this problem doesn't happen when I nested three crazyflies together instead of one crazyflie and two crazy bolts. So, do you guys have any answer about this problem?

I also have a problem with the x, y, z, position of Crazyflie. I don't really understand why the positions of the Crazyflie from LPS has been changed when I rotate the crazyflie about one point in 3D space. In my application, I just want to use those two Crazyflies (actually should be Crazy bolts) as a positioning sensor with respect to the same LPS node as another (flying) Crazyflie. So, it shouldn't be changed in x, y, z position when I rotate it about an arbitrary point in the space.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazy Bolt with Loco Tag always lost packet(connection) after connecting for a few seconds

Post by arnaud »

Have you attached an antenna to the bolt? The bolt does not have an integrated antenna so an antenna has to be attached to it to get a proper connection.

As for the positioning, by how much is the position moving when you rotate the Crazyflie?
pimpam
Beginner

Re: Crazy Bolt with Loco Tag always lost packet(connection) after connecting for a few seconds

Post by pimpam »

Oh! I haven't attached the antenna on the Bolt. Thank you for your reply, however, I can try it on this Friday and we'll see how it's go.

About the positioning, I've tried to rotate Crazyflie around 90 deg (or more) about each axis (x, y, z). Anyway, I just found out that there's a previous blog post related to my question
(viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4040&p=18344&hilit ... ion#p18344)

So, I will ask in that post instead.

Thank you.
pimpam
Beginner

Post by pimpam »

Thank you for your suggestion. The bolt's connection problem was solved after attached the antenna.