Adoption of the DWM3000 module.

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
shuheitagawa
Beginner

Adoption of the DWM3000 module.

Post by shuheitagawa »

Hi bitcraze team.

I want to hear your opinion for the possibilities of adopting the DWM3000 module for the loco positioning system.

I'm a CTO of Japan-based drone company, we mainly develop the system with drone for the customer.
Some of our customers recently try to use UWB module as an indoor positioning solution but DWM1000 is not acceptable because of the regulation in Japan.
Decawave is going to release the DWM3000 which comply with DWM1000 and it's also legal solution in Japan.
https://decaforum.decawave.com/t/new-dw ... lease/7402

I'm supporting the other drone supplier team to adopt their IPS with Japanese low and their IPS module also uses DWM1000.
They confirmed their module could accept DWM3000 instead of DWM1000 so I think it would be acceptable with your module.
If we use DWM3000 based module in Japan, we need to get the certification called Telec but we will be able to handle this.

Could you take it consideration that you will release DWM3000-ver loco positioning system?
We can share the cost for it.

Btw, I'm also love crazyflie and enjoy the simple light show using VIVE base station with employee's children. I think if we could use LPS, the space will be bigger so looking forward enjoying it in our country :)
Last edited by shuheitagawa on Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Adoption of the DWM3000 module.

Post by tobias »

We will most likely adopt to the DWM3000 module when it is released, however there is little information about it now so there are still uncertainties. If you at that time are interested in certifying it for japan we should definitely talk! Do you maybe have more information than is available on their forum and web?

We are happy you enjoy the Crazyflie ecosystem!
shuheitagawa
Beginner

Post by shuheitagawa »

It's good to hear that you are interested in certifying.
So far we only have the information same as the one released on their web.

I think we would get some more information about it, so let's keep in touch in this thread.

Regards,
shuheitagawa
Beginner

Post by shuheitagawa »

Hi tobias and bitcraze team.

I found updates for the DWM3000 module on Decawave's user forum.
A limited qunatity of DWM3000-ES and DWS3000-ES will be stocked at Mouser towards the end of the month.
https://decaforum.decawave.com/t/dw3000 ... kit/8794/2

We will be ready to purchase DWM3000 on Mouser and send it to you.
Could you evaluate that it can comply with crazyflie?
If you cannot be evaluated due to legal restrictions, we can instead evaluate the module incorporating the DWM3000 in our country if you sent it to us.

As I mentioned before, If we use DWM3000 based module in Japan, we need to get the certification called Telec.
We will be able to share the cost for it with your team so I would like to talk about it in parallel with the module evaluation.

Regards,
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Nice that the DWM3000 is available soon. They say it is pin compatible so should be a fairly easy upgrade depending on how much software changes are needed.

We will try to arrange some samples our selves, thanks for the offer help though!

I suggest we start by getting some samples and doing some initial investigation of how much work it will be and then we contact you about how to carry on?
shuheitagawa
Beginner

Post by shuheitagawa »

Hi Tobias.

Sorry for the late reply. I've been a bit busy these days.

Did you get DWM3000 samples? Unfortunately it's out of stock in our side.

> I suggest we start by getting some samples and doing some initial investigation of how much work it will be and then we contact you about how to carry on?
I agree with it.
When you complete your initial investigation, please let me know. We are ready for the certification in our country.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Unfortunately we did not get hold of any DWM3000 modules. Next data is estimated to 2020-11-23, hope we will get them then!
shuheitagawa
Beginner

Post by shuheitagawa »

I see.
I'll get in touch then.
shuheitagawa
Beginner

Post by shuheitagawa »

Hi Tobias.

Mouser just contacted us and we got some DWM3000-ESSR.
We are ready to share with you for free. Because we want to make the loco positioning system available in Japan as I mentioned this thread.
Would you please evaluate by integrating DWM3000 into the loco positioning system?
https://www.mouser.jp/ProductDetail/772-DWM3000-ESSR

We'd like to hear your firm's view.

Regards,
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

We also just got a notice that Mouser shipped us DWM3000 modules so no need to ship us any but many thanks for the offer to do so.

I don't think we will have time to work on it before X-mas but we will try to have a look at it beginning of next year. Hopefully it is not to much work!