About LPS Anchor

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
abrahamvee
Beginner

About LPS Anchor

Post by abrahamvee »

One of the anchors of the system works normally when I plugged it using the microUSB port but when using the barrel jack connector the POWER, RANGING, SYNC and MODE leds light up solid, any idea on what it can be?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: About LPS Anchor

Post by arnaud »

This is not a problem I have seen before. What you are describing looks like the node is not starting up correctly, we have only seen that when using USB cables and chargers that shorts the USB data lines but never with barrel jack)

Have you tried switching anchor around to find if the problem comes from the LPS node or from the power supply.

One thing I can think about is to check the voltage: the minimum acceptable voltage at the barrel terminal is about 4V. We have seen that when using 5V power brick with very long cables, the voltage drop can be significant enough to dip bellow 4V at the node side.
abrahamvee
Beginner

Re: About LPS Anchor

Post by abrahamvee »

I will check the voltage at the barrel jack terminal. Probably it is that because if I plug both at the same time, barrel jack and microUSB port and then unplug the microUSB it keeps working fine.
Thanks,
Abraham