LOC Node Setup

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
tdubick
Beginner

LOC Node Setup

Post by tdubick »

Folks,

I feel my students and I are getting close. We were able to install the current firmware into the anchors and we assigned each anchor. We set up the anchors and in 1.8 meters x 1.8 meters x 2.0 meters. We are using a USB cable to power each anchor. We start up a drone using a PC Client. When you go to the Loco Positioning Tab and I see Crazyflie status green with all but one anchor. However, we do not see any green dots. I just see a blue dot. Any suggestions on how we can proceed? Thanks
Post1April2.PNG
Post2April2.PNG
Post3April2.PNG
sstroobants
Beginner

Re: LOC Node Setup

Post by sstroobants »

Have you tried to write the locations of the nodes to the anchors? You can do that in the configure positions tab by adding the individual Id's and then write to anchors, if the boxes turn green, it has worked.
tdubick
Beginner

Post by tdubick »

Thank you for your reply.

I added each anchor and then I wrote location to each. Anchors did turn green but their location information was 0,0,0. Thanks for any help

LOCOSS6.PNG
sstroobants
Beginner

Post by sstroobants »

Yes, now you can either choose to let the anchors calibrate themselves or change the values of the anchors manually in the screen you show (by clicking on the desired value to be changed). Now they all have a location of 0,0,0.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

A precision: there is no automatic calibration (yet) for the anchors, so you must configure the position of the anchors in order for the LPS to work as a positioning system.

If you follow the getting started guide, setting the anchor position is part of it together with an explanation of the color coding for the fields: https://www.bitcraze.io/getting-started ... -positions
tdubick
Beginner

Post by tdubick »

Yes, I was able to assign locations last night. I think it would be helpful in the isnstructions that it might take 15 seconds before you will see the color go from red (you just wrote to position) to green system is updated.

The new issue is my drones are sitting flat in the center of the LPS but the flight control shows them spinning. I only to trying to fly one drone at a time, but I have several and they all are doing this now.
IMG_4106 (1).JPG
IMG_4106 (1).JPG (29.63 KiB) Viewed 3127 times
I have more 30 hrs into this and I yet to fly a drone with LPS. I do appreciate the help.

Tom