Why I cannot configure node position data ?

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
salocinx
Beginner

Why I cannot configure node position data ?

Post by salocinx »

Hi. I am new to Loco Positioning System and followed the tutorials to set up the drone and 8 DWM1000 anchors. I uploaded firmware-cf2-2019.02.1 to the CrazyFlie 2.0 and flashed all 8 anchors with the latest firmware (lps-node-firmware-2018.10.dfu).

I got stuck at the point where I have to configure the positions of the anchor nodes. The 8 anchors seem to be recognized fine by the PC client software (all anchors [0, 7] are green).

But in the view windows, I only get one blue dot and no green anchor dots. When I hit "Configure Positions" button and subsequently the "Get from anchors" button, nothing happens and the list stays empty.

A.) Some idea what I am doing wrong?
B.) What's the difference between cf2-2019.02.bin and cf2_nrf-2019.02.1.bin ?

Here's a screenshot:

salocinx
Beginner

Re: Why I cannot configure node position data ?

Post by salocinx »

Ok solved the issue by manually enter the distance values. The Getting Started tutorial for the Loco Positioning system suggests, that distance values can initially be read from the nodes (which is not the case).

Still open is the following question:

tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Those files was part of the zip file right? There are two MCU on the CF2 and those are the FW for each of the MCU. When flashing the CF2 using the cfclient you should select the zip file and it will then update FW in booth MCU. If you just select a bin file, it will flash that file to the STM32 MCU.
salocinx
Beginner

Post by salocinx »

Hi Tobias. Thanks for your reply. Yes I used the *.bin files only. Now tried with the *.zip file and it updated the NRF MCU as well as the SMT32 MCU. Many thanks for the hint!