Node positions not found in client

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
beemarie
Beginner

Node positions not found in client

Post by beemarie »

Hi!

I'm setting up the loco positioning system, and I believe I've followed all the instructions:
- I updated the firmware of the crazyflie 2.0
- I updated the firmware for each of the individual nodes in DFU mode, as well as set them to the correct ids [0-7].
- I arranged my 8 nodes as shown in the set up documentation

When I connect to the client (I believe I have the latest version on my mac, but unsure how to confirm), I see the green boxes appear in TWR mode, but I don't see the boxes in the graph, and I can not use the "get from anchors" button as nothing happens.

I've also included some images as attachments to this post. Please help! :D
Attachments
image (4).png
image (5).png
beemarie
Beginner

Re: Node positions not found in client

Post by beemarie »

I tried adding the anchors manually, and this did create the green dots on the map, and the drone seems to move within the space (on the map when i move it manually). I'm a little confused that if I move an anchor & then do "get from anchors" the anchors don't update with new positions.

I was hoping to see an update of the anchors if they're moved. I was hoping that "get from anchors" would do some kind of update -- looking at other people's anchor numbers, it seems to be the case, because they don't have a 0,0,0 like mine does (since it was manually input).
Attachments
Untitled.png
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Node positions not found in client

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Unfortunatly there is no automatic anchor position configuration, the anchor position you configure manually is written in the nodes memory and sent back with the ranging packets. Get from anchor simply retrieve the position you have written earlier.

It would be possible to write algoritms to allow the anchors to find automatically their position but it is quite hard to achieve reliably and so it has not been done yet.