LPS Node as Tag and Anchor

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: LPS Node as Tag and Anchor

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

You have function name conflict, that can be solved either by making the function "static" which will make them private to the C file they are declared in (ie. you will not be able to call them from outside the C file). Or you should rename the functions. Either way should help.

In that case you are getting conflict between the tag and anchor implementation. One way to solve all conflict would be to remove the tag implementation from the Makefile and from any other place in the firmware refering to it. This is only good if you do not plan to use the original tag mode at all.
john5648
Beginner

Post by john5648 »

hi

i'm trying to do 4 flying drones localize their position with TDOA2, then switches to anchor and ranges 1 drone on ground using TWR, and repeat these steps.
TWR algorithm is inter-drone ranging code and i used this source https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-firmware/pull/580.
i made mode switch automatically, by making TDOA mode to stop after receiving packets 30 times, switches to TWR mode and ranges once then switch back to TDOA mode and repeats.

The problem is, TDOA localization works well for 1~2 minutes after drone take-off but starts to fluctuate by 1m or more. I'm thinking frequent mode switching affected kalman filter for sure. Is this because EKF works every loop even though drone is on TWR mode and so has no TDOA measurements? if this is the case, is there a way that i can freeze EKF during TWR mode?

Is there something good idea how i should deal with kalman filter?

Thanks
john

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi arnaud. In some reason it starts to work well. I will post it in new thread if the problem happens again.
Last edited by john5648 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

@john5648 This looks like a different topic, can you please post your question in a new thread.