error running the autonomousSequence.py

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
teihoshi
Beginner

error running the autonomousSequence.py

Post by teihoshi »

hi crazyfliers,
we set up the LPS successfully and entered the coordinates in the anchor position tab and the crazyflie position appeard correct.
So we tried flying a cf by running the script.
We changed the coordinates set in the autonomousSequence.py and ran the python script.
But it printed "could not save cache,no writable directory" and the cf just ramped for a little while without taking off.So I stopped running the code by pressing Ctrl+C.I wonder why this would happen. thanks for any comments!
1.JPG
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: error running the autonomousSequence.py

Post by arnaud »

The two errors are unrelated.

The cache errors means that there is no cache folder set for the log and param TOC. A cache folders allows for faster connection but is not required for the lib to work. See https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-l ... /issues/68 for the issue where cache functionality where added to examples.

For the Crazyflie not taking off, what is the Z estimate? Since it started the motors it seems that the Z estimate is off and so the Crazyflie thought it was already over the setpoint so the first things I would check is that the Z part of the position estimate is correct.