swarmSequence.py questions

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
percy.jaiswal
Beginner

swarmSequence.py questions

Post by percy.jaiswal »

Hello Arnaud,

I had few questions on swarmSequence example

1. Is there a separate firmware for Crazyswarm, other than crazyflie firmware in your github repository? Reason for asking this is coz I have seen you point to some other github repository in one of the forum thread. Some research group / university repo.
2. In SwarmSequence example, you are controlling 10 Cfs at maximum speed of 2M using cflib, just double checking, can a single crazyradio PA support 10 Cfs at that speed?
3. Can I double the number of controlled CFs by using 2 radios on same PC, perhaps in same script?

Thanks in advance
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: swarmSequence.py questions

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

1. Since Crazyflie is open source I would imagine (hope) that there is plenty of fork out there. Crazyswarm has made a fork and they are currently merging the required component into the master firmware. There is no list of forks more than what github can give you. As a side point there support of Crazyflie in the BetaFlight and the PX4 firmware as well, though they required different control software and are not compatible with most of the decks.
2. Yes but not at 100Hz. The swarm-sequence sends setpoint at a rate of 10Hz and does not setup any log. When setting up logs and sending setpoint at higher rate more Crazyradio might be needed.
3. Yes it is possible in the same script, the way to do it is to set the 10 other Crazyflies to a different address and to write the URI to use the second radio, for example "radio://1/90/2M/E7E7E7E710" will use the second radio to connect a Crazyflie on channel 90 with a datarate of 2Mbps and the address 0xE7E7E7E710. Each radio should have its channel, spaced a little bit from the others, and ideally each Crazyflie should have its own address.