dwa_loc_ekf_hover ros

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
rayaan
Beginner

dwa_loc_ekf_hover ros

Post by rayaan »

Good day,

I am currently working on autonomous navigation of the crazyflie 2 for a proof of concept, however when I launch the dwa_loc_ekf_hover.launch and pass it the set point it will hover at the designated set point then randomly start freaking out and try to correct it's position and flip over or fly all crazy.

Any idea what could the cause be of this?

and then second is the flight/hover correction done on the drone or via the ros lps package ?

I am running it on Ubuntu 16.04.3 with ROS kinetic
attached is link to a video of the occurrence: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bVdh4 ... S23gxtV4cf
Kind Regards,
Rayaan
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: dwa_loc_ekf_hover ros

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

How is your LPS system setup, in TWR or TDoA mode?

The crash in the video looks caused by a low battery situation. I have a hard time understanding the orientation of the Crazyflie. Was the out of battery LED lit (M1 constantly RED)?
rayaan
Beginner

Post by rayaan »

Thanks for the quick response,

the LPS system is setup in TDoA mode, the battery was fully charged. I have been looking at this problem for the last week and thought I broke something but it's constantly occuring.

the video was taken from side, when viewing the video the front of the crazyflie is on your left.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Can you look at the logs when this is happening to see if there is anything strange about the position estimate? If you can take a rosbag when such a crash is happening I can look at it as well.