Trasmitted power by LPS-anchor

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
alexpic
Beginner

Trasmitted power by LPS-anchor

Post by alexpic »

Hi everybody :)
i'm trying to understand the communication channel between the Crazyflie and LPS Anchors.
With the driver of the DWM1000 antenna, i want to use the function (in the file libdw1000.c) "dwGetReceivePower" as an estimate of received power in the drone (and eventually, as an estimate of received power in the LPS Anchors); so, my question is:

how can i find the trasmitted power by the LPS Anchors (and eventually, by the drone)?

(Naturally, for this case, i'm using the TWR protocol.)
I'm not sure that this is the right section of the forum (sorry if it isn't) :)
Thank's a lot for your help!!!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Trasmitted power by LPS-anchor

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
I moved the topic in the LPS forum.

The transmit power is set in the lib and the default value is the value taken from the DW1000 datasheet: https://github.com/bitcraze/libdw1000/b ... 00.c#L1146. This values is setting the output power bellow -41dBm/MHz. Though we have not measured it that preciselly.

The receive power is not measured very preciselly by the UWB chip, it is more an estimation that is used to correct the timestamp. Out of curiosity: why are you interested by it?
alexpic
Beginner

Post by alexpic »

Hi Arnaud!
Thanks for your reply and thanks for moving the post in the right section!
Out of curiosity: why are you interested by it?
I'm studying the communication channel as a project for my university (University of L'Aquila), and to do this i'm following two ways: one is this, so i'm interested to the received and trasmitted power to calculate the gain and the SNR; the second way is the analysis of the scheduling process between Crazyflie and LPS Anchors, as i asked here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2709
Anyway, i found the received power but not the trasmitted, in fact i've looked in the user manual and in the datasheet of DWM1000, but it's not clear.
Another thing:
The transmit power is set in the lib and the default value is the value taken from the DW1000 datasheet: https://github.com/bitcraze/libdw1000/b ... 00.c#L1146. This values is setting the output power bellow -41dBm/MHz. Though we have not measured it that preciselly.
So, the pulse frequency in trasmission is 64 MHz? because i cannot understand which value is.
Thanks a lot for your reply!!! :D
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

alexpic
Beginner

Post by alexpic »

Hi!
Thanks for your help! Have a nice weekend!!