Fluctuating errors - lps anchors but other system

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Re: Fluctuating errors - lps anchors but other system

Post by kristoffer »

Hi!
kind of like a scale model. So getting away the error gets bigger.
Sorry, I don't really know what this could be caused by. I would start by looking at the data I get from the system at various points and compare it with measurements from the physical world to see if it seems reasonable. I would also input simulated TDoA data into the estimator to see how it behaves, but it sounds like you already have made simulations.
Maybe double check the anchor positions? (You probably already did :-))
Also, how much near the side of the cube can you go getting good measures? To me they start to get bad already about a meter from it.
As far as I know I works fairly well all the way to the edge. We use data from the accelerometers as well and maybe that helps a bit if the LPS data is less good?
why do you use the light' speed in the void? Shouldn't it be the light' speed in the air
Not sure :-) @Arnaud is back from his vacation, maybe he can help us here?
Do you think my anchors are too close?
No, they look good to me. We have had much smaller set ups than this, down to around 2.5x2.5x2.0 meters. I think there are some non linearities when you get close to the anchors but from my experience, your space should be OK.
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Re: Fluctuating errors - lps anchors but other system

Post by kristoffer »

why do you use the light' speed in the void? Shouldn't it be the light' speed in the air
I checked the wikipedia, the refractive index of air for visible light is about 1.0003 so speed of light in void should be OK