RED light in anchor ranging for TDOA anchor

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
chilli65
Beginner

RED light in anchor ranging for TDOA anchor

Post by chilli65 »

I couldnt get the anchor ranging status to GREEN for TDOA mode, even after I key in the position. Is it normal?
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: RED light in anchor ranging for TDOA anchor

Post by tobias »

The TDOA algorithm is not using the GREEN led (only TWR) so it should be fine.
chilli65
Beginner

Post by chilli65 »

Do I need to set the anchor position for TDOA as like TWR? I am unable to set the position. Please advise. Sorry that I am asking such a noob questions.
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

The TDoA mode is still experimental and the client is only supporting the default Two Way ranging mode. Some functionality is shared though and is useful in TDoA mode as well.

The position of anchors must be set in the firmware code for TDoA. Set the anchor positions in src/deck/drivers/src/locodeck.c, line 127. If you have more than 6 anchors add more positions and also update LOCODECK_NR_OF_ANCHORS in src/deck/drivers/interface/locodeck.h to the appropriate nr of anchors. Compile the firmware using the LPS_TDOA_ENABLE=1 flag and flash to the Crazyflie

In the Loco Positioning tab, the following functionality is working/not working when using TDoA
* Anchor positions and estimated position in graphs, in "Position estimation" mode - working
* "Anchor identification" mode - NOT working
* Anchor ranging status - NOT working (always red)
* "Get from anchors" button - working. It will retrieve the anchor positions and set the spin boxes, these are the numbers from the locodeck.c file.
* "Write to anchors" button - NOT working. Set anchor positions in the locodec.c file
chilli65
Beginner

Post by chilli65 »

Does the timestamp in the .anchorPosition denote the node number? E.g. node 1 is timestamp 1?
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

I'm not sure which timestamp you are referring to, could you please provide some more context.
If the question is not directly related to the original topic, please start a new topic