LPS Node configuration - Red boxes in Anchor ranging status

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
benkuper
Beginner

LPS Node configuration - Red boxes in Anchor ranging status

Post by benkuper »

Hello,
i've been trying to use the lps nodes, i've been looking all around and managed to understant how that should work and how to play with them.
- I've updated to the latest firmware (2017.05) all my nodes (i have 7 of them)
- I've updated my crazyflie 2.0 to the latest firmware as well (2017.06)
- I've set all the anchors to TWR Anchor mode with each one having a different ID
- On the crazyflie client, i can connect to the drone and get all the informations, but in the Loco Positioning Tab all the "Anchor ranging status" boxes are red, and i can't get even one of them to turn green.
- I tried with only 1 node powered, with 2, and with 7 but nothing is working
- The leds on the nodes are : blue (power) and orange fixed (mode), and on the other side, only the RX green led blinking
- The leds on the loco deck are : green blinking (RX) and sometimes, not regular orange blinking (SFD)

It would seem that the drone is in "Anchor mode" as well, i don't know how..

One more thing i tried is putting one of the nodes in "Tag" mode, then all the nodes started blinking the "ranging" red led and all the other as well, in the terminal i could see the "Tag" node communicating and computing ranging informations when reaching to the anchor nodes, and even the drone loco deck started blinking the TX and RXOK leds. but still nothing in the crazyflie client !

So the fact that the drone is reacting the same way as the anchor nodes makes me wonder if it's well configured. But i didn't find anything about configuring the drone loco deck mode.

EDIT : here is the terminal output from the Anchor #0 . I am perplex about the " Anchor position enabled: false" but i don't know where to change that.

====================
SYSTEM : CPU-ID: 1a003f000451485732303920
TEST : Initializing pressure sensor ... [OK]
TEST : Pressure sensor self-test ... [OK]
TEST : EEPROM self-test ... [OK]
CONFIG : EEPROM configuration read and verified
TEST : Initialize UWB ... [OK]
CONFIG : Address is 0x0
CONFIG : Mode is TWR Anchor
CONFIG : Tag mode anchor list (6): 0x01 0x02 0x03 0x04 0x05 0x06
CONFIG : Anchor position enabled: false
SYSTEM : Node started ...
SYSTEM : Press 'h' for help.

If you've got any idea i'm all ears !
Thank you
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: LPS Node configuration - Red boxes in Anchor ranging status

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed informations!

The problem I can isolate is on the Crazyflie itself: if the Crazyflie is running in TDoA mode. In TDoA mode the loco deck only receives, in TWR mode it will send and receive. This is what TWR mode looks like when no anchor is powered: https://photos.app.goo.gl/I478QD2XEVQl8lZ32. When the anchor are powered all 4 LEDs blinks.

Can you try to re-flash the Crazyflie? I just tried to flash the 2017.06 firmware with the crazyflie client using the release zip, and my Crazyflie is in TWR mode.

Edit: about the " Anchor position enabled: false", it means that there is not position programmed in the node. The position is programmed using the LPS tab so this is normal.