[Solved] Loco Positioning Node not detected by computer when plugged in

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
michaelgira23
Beginner

[Solved] Loco Positioning Node not detected by computer when plugged in

Post by michaelgira23 »

Hello!

I was trying to set up my Loco Positioning System. As per the Getting Started page, I've downloaded the LPS configuration tool and the latest LPS firmware. However, when I plug in the node to my computer via micro-usb, the 'Update' button is still disabled. I've tried configuring the node on both Mac and Windows. On Windows, the dropdown in Zadig doesn't even contain "STM32 BOOTLOADER", but it detects my Crazyradio just fine in the same usb port. I've tried this through normally connecting the node without pressing any buttons and connecting the node holding the DFU button. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or any way I can fix this?

Thanks!
Last edited by michaelgira23 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out swarms, the node.js library I made for controlling Crazyflies!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: [Problem] Loco Positioning Node not detected by computer when plugged in

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
Do you have more than one node? Is that happening with only one node or with all of them?
Also to double check: are you sure your USB cable is working properly? There has been one previous case where the problem was in the USB cable not containing the required data line).
michaelgira23
Beginner

Re: [Problem] Loco Positioning Node not detected by computer when plugged in

Post by michaelgira23 »

Ah, thank you! It wasn't working with any of my other nodes, but it worked when I tried another USB cable. I feel so silly for not thinking of that before! :D
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: [Solved] Loco Positioning Node not detected by computer when plugged in

Post by arnaud »

Great! Our of curiosity where did the faulty USB cable come from?
michaelgira23
Beginner

Post by michaelgira23 »

I used the USB cable that came with the portable power supplies I bought for my nodes. It was a cable meant for charging, so it makes sense that it wouldn't have the required data line either for cost, manufacturing, or technical considerations.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Ok, this makes sense. The USB cables deliver with USB batteries are not compliant which is annoying but now we are used to not trusting them...