standby mode for anchor nodes

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
florin.stoican
Beginner

standby mode for anchor nodes

Post by florin.stoican »

Hi,

I have used 9V batteries and the skrew terminal to charge my anchor nodes. If there is no communication with the tag or with the crazyradio do the anchors tags enter a sleep mode ?
I am asking because I wonder how much time the batteries will resist if the anchors all always at full power.

Do I need to disconnect the batteries when not using the tags ? Alternatively, can I put them in a sleep mode from the Crazyflie client ?

Thank you,
Florin
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: standby mode for anchor nodes

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

There is no sleep mode implemented in the anchors yet. So, currently, you will have to disconnect the anchor when not using them, the radio in receive mode is using a lot of power and will deplete your battery fairly quickly.

It it electrically possible to put the anchor CPU and radio in low power 'standby' mode, we are just missing some software and the use-case (ie. does the anchor wakeup by itself when a tag is detected or does it wait for the reset button to be pressed).

One thing to note: the power LED will always be lit as long as VCC is active, so this will always use about 5mA, unless it is removed.