How can i use DWM100 based platform for TDoA positioning system

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
Hemamali G
Beginner

How can i use DWM100 based platform for TDoA positioning system

Post by Hemamali G »

Hi,
My name is Hemamali, founder of a start-up company called TrakRay Pvt.Ltd (Bangalore,India). We have developed ultra low power/cost precise UWB Indoor Location Tracking prototype system using non-decaWave transceiver IC. Able to demonstrate +/-30cm 3D accuracy. But looking to validate our algorithm/solution using another UWB silicon vendor like DecaWave. They are just providing modules, but we need ready made DWM1000 + Microcontroller + Network interface platform so that we can easily replace our existing anchor platform using this one. how can i get this one? Can you guys supply this? I just need to exctract time-stamping information from all the anchors and feed that to my TDoA location engine to estimate the 3D positioning. And from Tag side i just need it to send beacons periodically.

Kindly provide some guidance regarding this,
thanking you
Hemamali
+91-9972152311
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: How can i use DWM100 based platform for TDoA positioning system

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
The loco positioning system nodes do not have network interface and out system is currently setup the other way around: we get and calculate the position in the tag both in two way ranging and TDoA mode. The code could be adapted to work the way you want but you will need to connect to the nodes using a USB cable.

Out of curiosity, which UWB transceiver chip are you using?
Hemamali G
Beginner

Post by Hemamali G »

Hi Arnaud,
Thank you much for your prompt reply! can we have a quick skype call to discuss further details? i need urgent help from you. i would like to use DWM1000 platform such a way that, Tag device as the UWB Transmitter and Anchor nodes are as UWB Receivers and also transferring the beacon time-stamp over it's N/w interface to remote server. And i would like to configure the DWM1000 platform in only TDoA mode
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

If you want to use the Loco positioning board for your project I can give some guidance on how to modifiy the firmware, though I will not have time to do it myself and making the working mode where the tag only transmits is not something we are going to look at in the short term.

By the way I am still curious to know what UWB transceiver you are using?
Hemamali G
Beginner

Post by Hemamali G »

Hi Arnaud,
sorry for the late ack. but how difficult is it to make your node to interface with WiFi platform to transfer the data to remote computing server?

by the way i am using UWB Hw from a company called Hmicro Inc.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

The header P5 on the node has been cabled to be compatible with ESP8266 wifi modules (this kind: https://www.amazon.com/GeeBat-ESP8266-W ... B00VWVDOFO, they are quite common). So hardware-wise it should be fairly easy to add wifi to the nodes, you will then have to implement the communication in the firmware.