Multiple measurements in reference system - Raw Data

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
rdagher
Beginner

Multiple measurements in reference system - Raw Data

Post by rdagher »

Hello,

I would like to know if raw ranging data is available for the multiple measurements that were made with the reference system (here).
Raw measurements are only available for the hovering case with Crazyflie: (x,y,z) = (5.00, 1.50, 0.76).

It would be nice to have it for some offline tests location-related.
Best,
Roudy
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Multiple measurements in reference system - Raw Data

Post by arnaud »

Hi Roudy,

There test have been made in a static way: the Crazyflie was not flying but just standing there. The aim was to verify the long-term static absolute accuracy.

Unfortunately we do not have access to a motion capture system or similar high-precision capture system we could use as ground truth when flying, though we might be able to have access to one soon and we will communicate when we have taken measurement with such systems.
rdagher
Beginner

Post by rdagher »

Hi Arnaud,

I understand that the position estimation results for the 4 static positions reflect stability of the position estimation filter. But what I am interested in are the raw range measurements corresponding to each position. Even the ground truth is not very accurate, such data may be useful for testing some localisation algorithms I am working on.

We are planning to do some raw measurements too with ground truth (vision-based) anchor positions, but It might take some time before we get something ready...
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi Roudy,
Sorry I miss-understood the questions.

I found the X/Y/Z data for the multiple measurements (I am editing the wiki to add the data there too): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... Kf-GYCoKck

All we have for these test is the output of the EKF though, not the raw LPS distance measurements.