LPS anchor identification via drone

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
sali0
Beginner

LPS anchor identification via drone

Post by sali0 »

Hello Bitcraze,

My team and I have been trying to more accurately get the location of our anchors, and the new anchor locator feature of the crazyflie-client seemed like the perfect solution. However, when we start and connect to the drone with all of our anchors on, there is no response from the system. We cannot see any of the anchors, although you can still see the drone moving around in the graphs if you physically move the drone. Are there any steps to actually getting this feature running? Thank you!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: LPS anchor identification via drone

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
These functionality are still very much work in progress but they are starting to work :).

If you tun the latest lps-node-firmware and the latest crazyflie-firmware, the lps tab will fetch and show the current anchor position as understood by the crazyflie. So if you have set at compile time the anchor position this is what will be shown.
If you do not set the anchor position at compile time and enter them in the tab then press "write to anchor" the anchor position is going to be written in the anchor non-volatile memory and sent back to the crazyflie for each TWR ranging. This means that now any stock crazyflie will 'just work' and get the anchor position from the system. Being still very experimental it can help to write many times and to reconnect the crazyflie to see that things are well written.

Note that this currently only works with TWR. There is no fundamental limitation for it not to work with TDoA but it has just not been implemented yet.

/Arnaud
NateTheAverage
Beginner

Re: LPS anchor identification via drone

Post by NateTheAverage »

All my anchors are TDoA and I don't seem to have any problems setting the anchor position in firmware.
I experienced the same issues with cfclient until I updated. It still takes a while for them to set themselves in to position but they get there.