Multiple drones in LPS -IMPORTANT-

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
tariqse
Beginner

Multiple drones in LPS -IMPORTANT-

Post by tariqse »

I have a question regarding using multiple drones and having them located using the LPS Nodes.

It's regarding the radio address of the drone, I was going through the config.h file of the crazyflie. and I came across a line where the radio address is defined with in the code. does this mean that if I don't change this line and flash the crazyflies with the same config.h, all of my crazyflies will have the same radio address ? and is this going to affect the process of locating the drones ?
justinleeyang
Expert

Re: Multiple drones in LPS -IMPORTANT-

Post by justinleeyang »

hi, tariqse:

I think that crazyflie2's uwb address don't affect the position, because it only receive, no send any uwb data to other. so don't care itself uwb address.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Multiple drones in LPS -IMPORTANT-

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

The radio address in config.h is not related to UWB (the radio used for positioning), it is the 2.4GHz radio address used to communicate with Crazyradio. This file only contains the default address, the actual address (and radio channel/datarate) is configured using the Crazyflie client.

For locating more than one Crazyflie, it depends of which mode you are running:
- In TWR (ToA) with TDMA: you set each Crazyflie UWB address using the configuration documented in this commit message: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-f ... 0385d81e23. Setting TDMA_SLOT will set the UWB address and will make Crazyflies transmit in independent timeslots.
- In TDoA mode, as Justin said, the Crazyflie UWB address does not matter since it is only receiving packet, never transmitting (TDoA is how GPS works: you do not have to set an independent address for each GPS receiver).

/Arnaud