Which PS3 controller to get

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
creativecontrol
Beginner

Re: Which PS3 controller to get

Post by creativecontrol »

I have used a wired PS2 controller with a SmartJoy adapter (they are no longer manufactured). It works on both Win7 and Ubuntu Linux. I just picked up an Afterglow AP.2 wireless PS3 controller and it worked out of the box. Working great on Ubuntu, haven't tried on Win7 yet.
dr.livingstone
Beginner

Post by dr.livingstone »

Hello All,

The Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 is also working (tested under Ubuntu). I had to struggle a bit to get all controls on the "right" place (I'm used to mode 2: yaw and throttle on the left stick).
As mentioned, CF Client hangs whenever altering control layout. As far as I coud see, CR's are added in the config files when changing the layout in CF Client (?), so I finally edited the config file in a text editor. This doesn't give any error when starting the CF.

Only after, did I notice that using the Generic_OS_X layout was also doing the job !

BTW: I'm used to have throttle on "ratchet" rather than on "spring": does anyone know how to modify the Gamepad to do this ?

Pierre
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi Pierre,
dr.livingstone wrote:As mentioned, CF Client hangs whenever altering control layout. As far as I coud see, CR's are added in the config files when changing the layout in CF Client (?), so I finally edited the config file in a text editor. This doesn't give any error when starting the CF.
If I understand correctly the whole client hangs when you just switch the layout from the menu Input device->Mappings? Are you seeing this when connected or disconnected?

Are you running the latest version from the repo or are you using the package downloaded from Bitbucket? What Ubuntu version are you on?

/Marcus