Who has it already? :)

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
omatoasty
Beginner

Re: Who has it already? :)

Post by omatoasty »

DesTinY wrote:First Day of shipping! :D :lol:
Who has it already? And who has it first?

Please post your joyful shipping experience here.
It would be interesting when ordered and when received in which country.
In my case i hope the german ZOLL (Customs) has nothing to complain about :?
I´m german too...
48 Hours and it was in HH...

But i had to pay 120 € ZOLL ( Customs).
Des
Beginner

Post by Des »

Hi every one )

I ordered mine 09/07 and got it 09/08
i'm from Ekaterinburg, Russia

Assembled it in 30 minutes and have a lot of fun! It's amazing ;)
thessy
Beginner

Post by thessy »

omatoasty wrote: I´m german too...
48 Hours and it was in HH...

But i had to pay 120 € ZOLL ( Customs).
Ups, that's not god.

For all german people who are interested in crazyflie. You can get it from an german distributor with no 'custom' risk.

I got mine from here: http://www.exp-tech.de/advanced_search_ ... 2f1391eda7

Regards
Thomas aka thessy
ONEXTW
Beginner

Post by ONEXTW »

Hi all,

Ordered mine a while back from http://www.littlebirdelectronics.com (Aussie distributor), been pestering all my friends about my new addiction :D

So I've been watching the forums and have been paying particular attention to the FPV threads. Of course i ended up going a little crazy... not making any puns... and Ordered the Micro transmitter and camera as some of the other guys have (also got from http://www.fpvhobby.com... there really isn't any other place to get that sort of stuff is there). Got the voltage regulator and Just finished pulling it all together... think its come together alright. Really hoping they get the sub-nano combo kit again as i think that would be a much better solution.

What was my experience like? Awesome... mine was delivered within a week or so, missed the first batch of 10DOF crazyflies at little bird jumped on the second batch.

Sloppy work with soldering the motors onto the board, primarily because i was using a pretty screwed up Tip. lesson learnt got flux got new solder (had been using 10yr old solder) got a new tip and everything since then has been a breeze.

Straight after having the hardware put together a brief software install later and i had 0... i mean ZERO! problems flying it. never flown a quad-copter before. never really flown anything aside from the $20 gyro copters you get in the markets that crashed and died after the first flight. no problem stabilizing being able to adjust roll and pitch with the directional keys on the fly is pretty handy, would be good if you could set the increments of adjustment, but if everything was there straight off the bat there would be no fun in getting an open source toy!

Bluetooth PS3 controller is a great way of controlling it i think. by ways of axis mapping, have the left joystick as Pitch and Yaw right Joystick as Roll, Right Trigger as thrust. super intuitive. not sure what other people are doing but its been working great for me.

In my perusing of the forums I've seen a lot of the ideas that came to mind already suggested by other fliers this has been the first time that I've been on the forum where I haven't been procrastinating at work, so figure ill join on some of the fun.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Thanks Bitcraze for an awesome product,
virus.elektro
Beginner

Post by virus.elektro »

Mine arrived last week. Had to pay taxes. Something i had expected, dutch customs open packets to see what's inside, google for prices and taxes that price.
Tried to control it with a joystick but no success. I think it is nice for FPV, but for normal flight it bad. So shopping time lets get a ps2/ps3/xbox-controller.
Guss_
Beginner

Post by Guss_ »

Hi everybody !

I got it today :D
I have just build and tried it
It works really well, I tried it with my Cyborg FLY 5

Great job Bitcraze team !
blackt1ger
Beginner

Post by blackt1ger »

15 minutes into receiving my crazyflie, I broke the on/off switch.......

Because it was mounted on the edge, it appeared to be a slider....... :cry:

--Ken
jack86
Beginner

Post by jack86 »

Hi!

I ordered it 2 weeks ago.. I can't wait anymore :lol:

Every day I pry to st. Nicolas, and hope to hear my crazy little wish before 6th December.
Hehe :)

Best regards!

Jack
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I broke the on/off switch
Sorry to hear! The button pad closest to the LED only needs to be grounded for it to turn on/off so you can start by turning it on/off with something like a pair of tweezers, which can ground the pad. Replacement buttons, B3U-3000P, can be found here.
junoon53
Beginner

Post by junoon53 »

I got mine yesterday!

I've assembled it, but I don't have a controller. Tried using the android app on my Nexus 4, but it doesn't support OTG :(

I guess I'll have to buy a controller now.