Who has it already? :)

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
alex
Expert

Re: Who has it already? :)

Post by alex »

Got it! The customs slashed the parcel in order to see wether there's a bomb kit inside! :o :D
And I had to pay about 25 € of import sales tax ("Einfuhrumsatzsteuer" in German).

Unfortunately I won't find some time until this weekend. :(
jtang613
Beginner

Post by jtang613 »

Got mine on Monday (Ottawa, Canada). Learning to fly today.
Last edited by jtang613 on Fri May 03, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

alex wrote:And I had to pay about 25 € of import sales tax ("Einfuhrumsatzsteuer" in German).
Ah, good to know... I was wondering what I had to calculate with there, and the delivery guy didn't write it down on the notification he dropped in my mailbox. Will have to wait for the second delivery attempt on saturday somewhen before 12am, but will put the soldering station on stand by to be ready to go once it arrives :D
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
Vew
Beginner

Post by Vew »

Got mine yesterday. Ran into several problems.

Don't be a jackass like me and think the switch is a sliding switch. It's a push button. Ended up destroying the switch with barely any pressure from my finger nail. Now I have to use tweezers to short the guts of the switch. I'll get around to ordering a replacement.

Ran into the "input device error" problem, but reading the post by user thesnowedone solved that problem.

Having problems with stable flight/hover. Moving the arms out in certain places helped but battery died before I got it to fully work.

Now i'm running to a charging issue. Lights are all dim during charging and refuses to power on on. Was hovering around 3.5VDC according to the client before it stopped turning on. I noticed the main chip was very hot underneath when I hooked it up to my phone charger at work. Swapped it out for my PC's USB hub, but it's been on the charger for 2 hours now with no change.

I'm hopped up on benadryl bc of these damn allergies, so when I get home and get some rest, I'll bring out the multimeter and start troubleshooting.

Thing is damn fun though when it was up and running. :lol:
SuperRoach

Post by SuperRoach »

Mine arrived earlier today by suprise, And I'm in Australia - We normally get all of our stuff last!

https://twitter.com/SuperRoach/status/3 ... 1821017089

Wondering if I should solder now or latter, as I need to practice my soldering skills I feel before I take the crazyflie on.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Vew wrote: Having problems with stable flight/hover. Moving the arms out in certain places helped but battery died before I got it to fully work.
It might be caused by unbalanced propellers. Try using the best ones http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... and_tricks. Normally the Crazyflie should be very stable when hovering with little air movement. Also update to the latest firmware 2014.1 as it is tuned to handle vibration better. https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyfli ... 2013.4.bin.

Hope you manage to fix the issue with the Crazyflie! We'll do our best to support you.
Vew
Beginner

Post by Vew »

tobias wrote:
Vew wrote: Having problems with stable flight/hover. Moving the arms out in certain places helped but battery died before I got it to fully work.
It might be caused by unbalanced propellers. Try using the best ones http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... and_tricks. Normally the Crazyflie should be very stable when hovering with little air movement. Also update to the latest firmware 2014.1 as it is tuned to handle vibration better. https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyfli ... 2013.4.bin.

Hope you manage to fix the issue with the Crazyflie! We'll do our best to support you.
Thanks for the feedback. I need to check those voltages for you first and fix my electrical problem first. Left it at home and still at work. (1:40pm in the USA)
ross123540
Beginner

Post by ross123540 »

Got mine :-) Grimsby UK
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

Arrived around 7:45am, assembled half an hour later, having a blast with it :)
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
Vaduzi
Beginner

Post by Vaduzi »

Got it yesterday, May 4th.
Assembled it in some minutes and have fun! :D
I use a RC-Controller with USB-Dongle for RC-Simulator, works fine ;-)

No problems with customs, I'am from Austria.