Battery life

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
orcinus

Re: Battery life

Post by orcinus »

I guess that explains the behavior perfectly then, as the oscillations show up about 2 minutes before shutdown (meaning it never settles, as observed).
omwdunkley
Expert

Post by omwdunkley »

Just read this thread ;)

To be honest, I don't think the altitude hold code is causing those problems. I mean - it might be, I wrote it a long time ago but what you describe is rather atypical behaviour.

The I term might take a minute (probably more like 30 seconds - I never tested it) to converge from freshly turning on a flie with no battery power to having accumulated enough I error to make up for the already existent voltage drop. This is okay as normally one does not start flying with a dead battery. The I term resets if you reset the flie or plug it in to USB. In your situation, you started with a full charge so the I term could converge quickly and then slowly adjust as the voltage slowly changes.

The pressure sensor can seem pretty random at items. Is this observation repeatable? Most of the time its external environmental influences - air conditioning being turned on, someone opened a window in another room in the house, weather conditions outside, etc etc.

It would be quite easy to repeat the experiment and log the vpid parameter group and see whats going on :) I have successfully hovered until the little red light comes on..so it definitely is possible!

Let me know if you make any more observations.

Cheers
orcinus

Post by orcinus »

omwdunkley wrote: The pressure sensor can seem pretty random at items. Is this observation repeatable? Most of the time its external environmental influences - air conditioning being turned on, someone opened a window in another room in the house, weather conditions outside, etc etc.
Well, i've only ever tried it twice (under those conditions - i.e. long hover from fully charged). It happened both times.
Of course, that's just two datapoints and with a single crazyflie, so it's not quite statistically valid.

I'll give it another shot when i catch some time (my CF's been sitting in its box the past few weeks - didn't have the time to play with it at all :( )