Crazyflie ? yes, just get one ....

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
LordLucan
Beginner

Crazyflie ? yes, just get one ....

Post by LordLucan »

Hi,

I've just been flying my CrazyFlie, I must say it's fantastic. It's really stable and flies like a charm. I can see I'm going to have some fun with this one :o

If you're thinking of getting one, just get one is my advice, also, top tips ....

1) Be careful how you assemble, "think twice, cut once" ! I've seen some messages here about peeps having problems with stability. Double check the motor wiring and the prop pitch that you have cw and ccw props installed correctly. Also, try and make sure the CG of the unit is in the middle as best you can.
2) I think the hardest assembly part was soldering the motor wires. If you're not sure get someone to help that has a good fine tipped soldering iron.
3) If you're on Windows (I'm running Windows 7 x64 on a Vaio laptop) and having problems with the radio or client just get VirtualBox and install the VM. It's so much easier than faffing about with Windows drivers. The VM also has a nice auto update feature and a dev environment set up for you as well.
4) Read the instructions on flying, they are on the wiki http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... uide:index.
5) I find it much easier to fly in x mode keeping the blue led in front of me.
6) Trim the crazyflie out. Make sure that just with a gentle application of power the crazyflie flies up vertically. If it veers off centre trim it out. It's much easier to fly when trimmed properly.

Thanks to the project team for such a great product.

LordLucan
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie ? yes, just get one ....

Post by tobias »

Thanks a lot for your informative feedback LordLucan!