Opening Crazyflie Client

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
thefeiyu
Beginner

Re: Opening Crazyflie Client

Post by thefeiyu »

I am not completely sure but I think it is that I had to uninstall the cfclient, delete it from the desktop, then reinstalling it with pip3.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

ah oke! seems like an good clean fix. I don't know why the cfclient didn't work in the first place as it should but happy you managed to fix it.
maxmart
Beginner

Post by maxmart »

thefeiyu wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:40 pm I am not completely sure but I think it is that I had to uninstall the cfclient, delete it from the desktop, then reinstalling it with pip3.
Hi,

I am currently having the same problem with opening the client in the VM. I also encountered the error "NameError: name 'pg' is not defined" and I am unable to open the client. I tried to remove the shortcut as well as uninstalling the client, but there has been no progress so far. Would you know how you were able to fix this problem?

Thank you!
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi,

Did you reinstall the client with pip3 again?

Code: Select all

pip3 install cfclient
maxmart
Beginner

Post by maxmart »

kimberly wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:31 pm Hi,

Did you reinstall the client with pip3 again?

pip3 install cfclient
Hi!

Sorry for the late reply. I tried to recreate the VM process. I used the latest VM in the link and imported it again on VirtualBox. Then I clicked on the "Update all projects" in the desktop. Next, I tried to open the client using the desktop icon, but it only shows the terminal window and then exits immediately.

Then I tried to reinstall using "pip3 install cfclient," but when I opened it using "cfclient" in the terminal it says that there is a "vispy" problem. I next uninstalled the cfclient using "pip3 uninstall cfclient" twice. This removed the recently installed cfclient, then the 2nd time it removed an older version of the cfclient. Then I tried using "pip3 install cfclient" again, but is still does not work. It shows me this kind of error. I have also deleted the client on the desktop.
Attachments
VM problem.PNG
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Ah that is not good... There are some build problems with the cfclient problably.

Have you also tried snap? The first instruction in the readme ? https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-clients-python

If that not works, you can try to install it from source (instructions are in the same readme)
maxmart
Beginner

Post by maxmart »

Hi!

For some reason when I tried to run cfclient in the terminal, there was a different error. Something about "pg error" I think.

Then I tried to use "snap install --beta cfclient," but it still did not work. When I checked some parts of the error, I saw something about numpy being outdated or having an older version. It said to keep uninstalling numpy until it cannot be found and to try installing it again.

Initially, I used "pip3 install numpy," and tried to run cfclient, but it did not work. Then I tried "pip3 uninstall numpy" two times until I cannot uninstall anymore. Then I reinstalled it using "pip3 install numpy," then ran cfclient and it finally opened! So far I think it responds slower to connecting in the VM as compared to directly using the cfclient, but at least it works now!
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Could you give the version of the cfclient? You can do this with pip3 list.

And if this is not 2020.09.1, uninstall and reinstall again.

snap remove cfclient
pip3 uninstall cfclient
pip3 install cfclient
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Btw, this week we will look at the cfclient in detail again, so maybe it would to try again once the newest release is out. We are planning to do that this week.
maxmart
Beginner

Post by maxmart »

Hi!

The version is "cfclient (2020.9)" based on pip3 list.

I tried repeating the steps on creating the VM. When I immediately export the VM to VirtualBox, and then open cfclient immediately, it opens properly. But after using the "Update all projects," the cfclient does not open. And this is when I tried to uninstall numpy, cfclient and reinstall them for the cfclient to work.

Ok, I will check this again once there is a newer version of the cfclient. Thank you!