Drone Swarming

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
cgpenguin

Drone Swarming

Post by cgpenguin »

Hello!

I am looking into making drone swarms soon (as soon as I can get my hands on multiple working drones for testing), but I have already gotten a couple questions of things that aren't really clear to me.

1. Currently my planned workflow is to feed each drone target points to fly to as well as led ring colors at certain intervals (once 0.25 seconds or something like that). Would you consider this a fine approach?
2. I am not sure how the URIs work. How do I set the drones up for swarming and get the right URIs to use in the script? Each drone will have a certain fixed starting position on the grid so I want to know if using a certain specific URI will consistently connect to that one drone (and if so, how do I configure it for the drone?).

Thanks!
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Drone Swarming

Post by kimberly »

Hi

1. I gave a solution for this in my last message of this forum thread, which is based on this blogpost
2. Each drone need to have an unique ID. This can be set through the cfclient (see the instructions for that here. Just make sure that the drones are on the same channel if they are all connected to one crazyradio PA.
cgpenguin

Post by cgpenguin »

Hey!

I was trying out setting the address through the client for a drone, but now I have trouble connecting. I might have made a typo, but I am pretty sure the address I assigned was 0xE7E7E7E700, however, when I enter it in cfclient it's not showing up in scan. What could be the cause? Also, is there a way to reset the address to default in cases like this?
cgpenguin

Post by cgpenguin »

I have successfully solved the issue. I remembered that USB connection is an option. Connected and fixed the address. Got it configured to a value that I like and it works well now.