New to Drones, Compatible Joystic for Crazyflie

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
LuisDrone
Beginner

New to Drones, Compatible Joystic for Crazyflie

Post by LuisDrone »

Hi,

I am completely new to drones. I would like to purchase the crazyflie. I see in the website that it needs an PC compatible joystick. Can you please recommend me one that will work?
I live in Belgium, do you have any other resellers in Europe? Thank you,

Luis
foosel
Expert

Re: New to Drones, Compatible Joystic for Crazyflie

Post by foosel »

I've been having good results with a Microsoft XBox 360 controller for Windows (the "for Windows" part is important). But there are cheaper options available that should work as well. Any USB gamepade with two analog sticks and a couple of buttons should in principle work.
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
Surrender
Expert

Post by Surrender »

Here are also described other options how to control the crazyflie:
Link

I love it to fly with the eSky transmitter, but that is just my opinion.
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

Seconding the ESKY Transmitter, haven't looked back since I got mine. But since the OP explicitly asked for a joystick, I though I'd give an opinion there as well ;)
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
Shuriken
Beginner

Post by Shuriken »

I live in Raleigh, NC and I just got mine, new model. I tried the XBOX 360 since I have several. Seems that this is a bit of a problem unless you already have one specifically made for the PC. I won't go into the long story. So, I just got one that was PC compatible...Logitec Gamepad F310. Seems to do ok. At first, on my XP SP2, it wouldn't find any drivers. It finally found and used the X360 drivers!! Go figure. And no, you don't have to push the center logo button to make it work.