[SOLVED] a question about Crazyflie2.0 take off

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
wumenghust
Beginner

[SOLVED] a question about Crazyflie2.0 take off

Post by wumenghust »

Dear All:
I am sorry to bother you ! After running a python sample code Flow_Deck.py, Crazyflie2.0 doesn't take off and it just stay on the ground, I am not sure what is the reason behind this. Could you give me some suggestions on how to fix such problem?
I have checked my crazyflie2.0 environment configuration and setting parameters in Ubuntu16.04, there are no problems related to hardware and software installation, however, the crazyflie2.0 could not take off.
Best Regards
Meng Wu
Dec, 7, 2019
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: a question about Crazyflie2.0 take off

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
After the discussion you have had by mail with Kimberly, it seems that your flow deck is not detected by the Crazyflie since its identification memory is not programmed.

The quickest way to solve this problem would be to program the memory yourself, since you seem to have a python development environment working it should be quite easy.

I attach to this post a version of the firmware that disables BLE (this is required to program the deck memory). You should flash it using the client as described in the getting started guide.

Then you can run the python file I also attach to this post, if it works out you should see an input similar to:

Code: Select all

$ python3 write-ow-flow2.py
This example will not work with the BLE version of the nRF51 firmware (flashed on production units). See https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-clients-python/issues/166
Scanning interfaces for Crazyflies...
Crazyflies found:
usb://0
Connecting to usb://0
Connected to usb://0
Found 1 1-wire memories
Writing test configuration to memory 8
Data written, reading back...
Updated id=8
        Type      : 1
        Size      : 112
        Valid     : True
        Name      : None
        VID       : 0xBC
        PID       : 0x0F
        Pins      : 0x0C
        Elements  : 
                Board name=bcFlow2
                Board revision=A
Disconnected from usb://0
Attachments
write-ow-flow2.py
(5.93 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
firmware-cf2-2019.09-noble.zip
(207.99 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
wumenghust
Beginner

Re: a question about Crazyflie2.0 take off

Post by wumenghust »

Dear Dr. arnaud:
I am really thanking for you big help! After following your good codes and instructions, my crazyflie2.0 can take off and fly with flow deck.
Best Regards
Meng Wu
Dec, 10, 2019