a question about Crazyflie2.0 coding in VS2017

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
wumenghust
Beginner

a question about Crazyflie2.0 coding in VS2017

Post by wumenghust »

Dear All:
I am sorry to bother you again! I am Meng Wu. Recently, I am developing Crazyflie2.0 system in Visual Studio 2017, however, it is difficult to recognize cflib library in Visual Studio 2017 IDE. Could you give me some advice about this issue?
Best Regards
Meng Wu
Dec, 5, 2019
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: a question about Crazyflie2.0 coding in VS2017

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
We will need a bit more info and context in order to help you.

I am assuming you are using the python mode for visual studio (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visual ... ew=vs-2019). I did not know that existed until now :-).

I have tested quickly in a windows VM and for me it seems to work fine. What I have done to get the Crazyflie to communicate with an example script is:
- Install VS2019 community with python support
- Clone https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-lib-python
- Setup the project to create a new python env and get dependencies from requirement.txt using python3.7 (I think it is important to use python 3.7 and not 3.8 for now on Windows).
- I opened examples/basiclog.py, clicked the run button, and it worked!

So, it seems that it is possible to work on Crazyflie python code using visual studio. If you describe in a bit more detail what you are trying to do and what problem you are facing we will try to help.
wumenghust
Beginner

Post by wumenghust »

Dear Arnaud:
Thank you so much for your feedback and I will follow your suggestions to check my VS installation and Python installation. After doing further test about my python code to control the crazyflie2.0, I will submit my results and share more debugging experience with you.
In addition, I also met a strange problem with crazyflie2.0. When I was debugging the flow deck python code in Linux16.04 environment, I checked all software setting right and Flow deck installation was right, however, the crazyflie2.0 didn't take off from ground. I don't know what is problem behind this.
Best Regards
Meng Wu
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Lets talk about the take-off problem on your other thread and focus this one on Visual studio topic only: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4056.