Keyboard as controller?

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
mkerny
Beginner

Keyboard as controller?

Post by mkerny »

Is it possible to control my Crazyflie with my keyboard, i.e arrow keys?

Just ordered mine :)
Surrender
Expert

Re: Keyboard as controller?

Post by Surrender »

I think it is not possible yet, but if it is then it will be very hard to control.
Do you have nothing other to control your crazyflie or do u want just do it with the keyboard?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
mkerny
Beginner

Post by mkerny »

Both :)

I don't have a PS3 or XBox controller (yet) -- is one of them more preferred than the other? Will I need some sort of USB adapter to hook either of these controllers up to my computer? What's the best way to control my Crazylfie at this point in time?

I also would like to be able to control the Crazyflie with my keyboard (+ mouse would be awesome too :)
Surrender
Expert

Post by Surrender »

I have none of them, first i used my android phone as joystick (with DroidMote) and now i fly with the eSky ET6i. There is a huge difference between these two methods, no i have no delay and a far more better range outside as before.
It costs about 30-40€, but its worth (compared a xbox or ps3 costs also 40 to 50€).

There should be a description on the wiki about the usage of input controllers. EDIT: Here is the description: http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... putdevices

I hope this helps you, I'm writing from my phone. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta