Crazyradio PA disconnects frequently without reason

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
iscoyd
Beginner

Crazyradio PA disconnects frequently without reason

Post by iscoyd »

Hi, I just got my Crazyflie 2.0 to connect and run some Python programs. One problematic thing I encountered is that the Crazyradio PA disconnects all by itself and for no apparent reason (typically after 10 to 120 seconds). My Crazyflie and the PA dongle are reasonably close, varying between 1 and 5 meters, so distance is not the problem.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

I did read that the Crazyflie 2.1 has an improved radio but I'd like to make sure that there's nothing wrong with the procedure I'm following before going ahead and getting it. Also, if I do get it, will my current Crazyradio PA work with it, or does it need a new Crazyradio PA dongle as well?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio PA disconnects frequently without reason

Post by arnaud »

The best way to improve radio connection is to change the datarate to 2Mbps and to try different channels. The datarate can be changed in the client with the menu connect/configure 2.0.

Crazyflie 2.0 ships by default configured to a datarate of 250Kbps which is nice for very long range outdoor, but tends to work poorly when other 2.4GHz device are around (like outdoor with wifi).
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio PA disconnects frequently without reason

Post by tobias »

It could also be a bug that was found in 2019.01 which you can read about here.