Crazyflie 2.0: Can't Take Off or Spins Uncontrollably

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
Jens_Lee

Re: Crazyflie 2.0: Can't Take Off or Spins Uncontrollably

Post by Jens_Lee »

jamestrada wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:31 pm @tobias
Attached is the backside of my Crazyflie 2.0 as how it is supposed to be assembled.
It looks very much like you have accidentally connected all 4 connectors the wrong way around. The two small plastic taps of the plug attached to the motor needs to face away from the pcb itself. I attached a picture of the correct orientation. This would also explain why all the propellers are spinning the "wrong" direction, as they are being fed backwards.

Try and flip them and see if that doesn't help.

/J

Capture.JPG
jamestrada
Beginner

Post by jamestrada »

@Jens_Lee
Thank you! You nailed it! That was the whole problem. I would suggest to add a cautionary advice about the correct insertion of the motors here: https://www.bitcraze.io/getting-started ... infostep19

My Crazyflie 2.0 now flies and doesn't spin! However, it doesn't have a clean take off, meaning it doesn't go vertically straight. It takes off with some degrees off. Is there a way to make it lift off straight as if it would be hovering?

Thanks again @Jens_Lee :)
Jens_Lee

Post by Jens_Lee »

jamestrada wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:38 am

My Crazyflie 2.0 now flies and doesn't spin! However, it doesn't have a clean take off, meaning it doesn't go vertically straight. It takes off with some degrees off. Is there a way to make it lift off straight as if it would be hovering?
Glad that I could help!
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Thanks for the pictures and the patience! Glad you got it solved!

Getting it to take-off straight can be many things. Unbalanced weight, one or more motor/props being less efficient (often due to damaged motor or prop), accelerometer being a bit off, controller not reading 0 when sticks are released.

Does it always take off in the same direction?