CFClient on Nexus 7 - Powered by Ubuntu

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
pcollins
Beginner

CFClient on Nexus 7 - Powered by Ubuntu

Post by pcollins »

Hi,

First Post, Hello Crazyflie community !

Really huge thanks to the makers for their open approach to this project and hard work over the last 2 years, I've been a back seat observer till I received my Crazyflies (2 x 10 DOF) and since then I've been playing with little else. Had such a laugh with this quad with my mates, we gotta a couple of syma 107s off ebay too and been knocking them outta the sky, the flie wins 80% of the time ! Seriously manouverable and seems almost indestructable ! Had loads of seriously cool crashes with no problems. :P

Had a play with a couple firmware and client forks, really excited to see the development acceleration in the last weeks, Im sure its gonna be an entirely different flie in no time at this rate !

Anyway, subject matter... anyone interested to know Ive successfully ran the client on my nexus 7 after following the instructions here to install ubuntu on it first. Its not complete, I've to wait a few days now before I can get micro USB host cable adaptor and a USB hub so that I can plug in both a crazyradio and a PS3 controller to the nexus 7 , but thought Id share just in case anyone is interested in the same and might be able to get a proper result on this before me :D
JoshLillie
Beginner

Re: CFClient on Nexus 7 - Powered by Ubuntu

Post by JoshLillie »

Good stuff! That will be a lot nicer than lugging a laptop around, especially if you want to fly outside.