Spare batteries and charging without the CF?

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
atomicdog
Expert

Re: Spare batteries and charging without the CF?

Post by atomicdog »

863456346 wrote:That should be the right cable/connector, correct?

http://www.exp-tech.de/Zubehoer/Steckve ... ector.html
The description seems accurate but the picture shows a connector with different pin alignment notches.
on the other hand suppliers sometimes don't show the picture for the actual product.
6-DOF CF | wireless xbox 360 controller
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

The picture looks like the bigger JST variant, I think it is called XH. What you are looking for is the JST-ZHR-2P.
Beginner

Post by 863456346 »

I can't find these connectors in germany. I'll talk to the guys at the local electronics shop, hopefully I can replace the onboard connector with something more common here in germany. Didn't think it would be that hard to find a replacement battery.

Will keep you posted.
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
Beginner

Post by 863456346 »

I got the LiPo USB Charger yesterday, but it doesn't have the JST-ZHR-2P either. But since I ordered a couple of the connectors from segor (thanks for the link foosel) I think I'll just rip of the plastic housing for the connector and plug the battery directly on to the two pins on the usb charger. Hopefully that works.
dr.livingstone
Beginner

Post by dr.livingstone »

I found a suitable male-connector on some PC spares lying around at home... Cutting it out from the board and soldering some wire was easy. I used it with my RC LiPo charger. It woks fine, but is not faster than using the USB port (BTW: even the ones from the Raspberry board !). Haven't tried the "fast charge", as i had some nasty surprise with that mode in the past.
Finally, i keep the battery connected to the Crazyflie and charge it the "standard way" (works also with an iPhone charger): the connectors on the board are not molded to a case and could break away over time.
The microUSB connector should also be treated carefully: i removed the two 2 "spikes" on the male connector (the one on the cable), in order to be able to remove it gently

Pierre

BTW: Easier to control than my ArduCopter, many thanks to the developer team
Beginner

Post by 863456346 »

863456346 wrote:I bought this one yesterday, but it has a different connector. Depending on the availability of the connector I might change the connector on the crazyflie itself, since you can just pull it off.
Nevermind, the connector is the same and seems to charge just fine. I'm still waiting on my replacement batteries to do some further testing, I don't wanna risk ruining my original battery.