Client Software

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
OttoVonDog
Beginner

Client Software

Post by OttoVonDog »

Hi,

Not sure where to ask this, but is there any indication when a new version of the GUI Client software will be available? I am unable to save any configurations, which effectively makes it impossible to fly with properly mapped controls. I have looked up the possible solutions, but the one offered on the Wiki ("Create a new configuration from scratch as described above") does not work for me at all. I've struggled for days, deleting the contents of the cfclient folder, but with no success. I believe this has been fixed, but I can't find a newer version of the GUI Client.
pHysiX
Beginner

Re: Client Software

Post by pHysiX »

Hi mate!

I've been messing around with the GUI and python code n have made my own variant of the GUI in the VM.

To update your client to the latest build for PC, this is what I do:

Assuming you are on Windows:

1) Download the entire PC Client code from the bitbucket repo.
2) *Optional: Delete the current controller configs in you AppData folder.
3) Extract the source code and find folder called "lib", and "cfclient" inside it.
4) Navigate to where you installed the PC client, and replace the entire original folder "cfclient" with the new "cfclient".
5) *Optional: Delete all code that is *.pyc from your cfclient folder. Doesn't usually affect GUI functionality, but I like to keep my folders small and code ready to view.

So now you should have a working Client that is up-to-date. You can test it by configuring your gamepad (There's no issue with having to restart, and if you bind the killswitch, an alert appears for when the killswitch is active).

Hope that helps. Let me know if you just want something that works. I can give step-by-step instructions when I hop onto my PC.

Ian
rmirwin2

Post by rmirwin2 »

Sounds great, will give it a shot!

I'd sure like to see a "Quick Connect" button on our gamepads!

Rich
VGer's v1.7.1 frame, 10DOF Crazyflie, Wireless Xbox360 Controller, Virtual Machine on VMware/Windows 7
OttoVonDog
Beginner

Post by OttoVonDog »

Thanks a lot! That worked a treat... just a note to anyone else who does this... you need to put the cfclient directory into the place you installed the client, not the AppData/Roaming/cfclient/ directory... that one got me.... :)
pHysiX
Beginner

Post by pHysiX »

Glad it worked.

Sorry for the unclear instructions :S it was around 2am and typing on my iphone; got a bit lazy :P

Happy flying!

Regards,
Ian
Redouan
Beginner

Post by Redouan »

OttoVonDog wrote:Thanks a lot! That worked a treat... just a note to anyone else who does this... you need to put the cfclient directory into the place you installed the client, not the AppData/Roaming/cfclient/ directory... that one got me.... :)
It had also cost me an hour to figure that out. But who cares it is now working great!