Activating RateMode on CF2

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
TU_KL_Robotics
Beginner

Activating RateMode on CF2

Post by TU_KL_Robotics »

Hi,
i'd like to start tuning PID Parameters for improving flight characteristics of the crazyflie. We are using the crazyflie controller with a 250 size quadrocopter frame with brushless motors.
For the tuning we tried to put the controller in ratemode. Therefore we changed parameters "stabilizationModeRoll" and "stabilizationModePitch" to zero, unsing the crazyradio client. After this we made a test flight, but obviously the Mode didn't change. Stick travel of the control stick is still setting the absolute angle of the quadrocopter, so if I release the stick to the center position, crazyflie returns level.

Does anybody know where the error could be?

Thanks, Philipp
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Activating RateMode on CF2

Post by tobias »

You did exactly how you are supposed to do but when I look at the code it seams to be gone. I think it has accidentally been removed when the stabilization module was refactored. I have created a github ticket to put it back.
TU_KL_Robotics
Beginner

Post by TU_KL_Robotics »

Thank you for your quick answer. I already wondered because i didn't find the piece of code where the switching between ratemode and anglemode is happening.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Should be fixed now. Please have a try.
TU_KL_Robotics
Beginner

Post by TU_KL_Robotics »

We pulled your changes to our fork. We then were able to activate ratemode a the first go.
Much thanks for for the quick fix!