Adjusting Pitch, and Changing yaw and roll

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
MS_642
Beginner

Adjusting Pitch, and Changing yaw and roll

Post by MS_642 »

:arrow: I had a question on where to find the code to adjust the pitch by adding 90 degrees to it and changing the yaw with roll and roll with yaw :?: :?: I just got CF 2.0 and there are lots of files in the Eclipse and I am quite lost :roll: :cry: :roll:
chad
Expert

Re: Adjusting Pitch, and Changing yaw and roll

Post by chad »

MS_642 wrote::arrow: I had a question on where to find the code to adjust the pitch by adding 90 degrees to it and changing the yaw with roll and roll with yaw :?: :?: I just got CF 2.0 and there are lots of files in the Eclipse and I am quite lost :roll: :cry: :roll:
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)
Yes, the Crazyflie firmware is a complex system. What are you trying to accomplish, exactly...?

Maybe there are easier ways to go about it. For instance, swapping yaw and roll can be done with controller configurations.

What are you trying to achieve?
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
MS_642
Beginner

Post by MS_642 »

chad wrote:
MS_642 wrote::arrow: I had a question on where to find the code to adjust the pitch by adding 90 degrees to it and changing the yaw with roll and roll with yaw :?: :?: I just got CF 2.0 and there are lots of files in the Eclipse and I am quite lost :roll: :cry: :roll:
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)
Yes, the Crazyflir firmware is a complex system. What are you trying to accomplish, exactly...?

Maybe there are easier ways to go about it. For instance, swapping yaw and roll can be done with controller configurations.

What are you trying to achieve?
I am trying to make it fly horizontally so add value to the pitch at the beginning when it starts so it will be 90 degrees added to it and change the yaw to be around the yaxis control and the roll around the z axis movement
chad
Expert

Post by chad »

You might want to have a look at Arnaud's Crazyblimp project on Hackster.io. He did something similar to what you want. The code changes you'll likely need to make are in stabilizer.c. I don't think it will be able to fly horizontally on its own though... You'll need something to keep it aloft (like the balloons in the project I linked above).
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
MS_642
Beginner

Post by MS_642 »

chad wrote:You might want to have a look at Arnaud's Crazyblimp project on Hackster.io. He did something similar to what you want. The code changes you'll likely need to make are in stabilizer.c. I don't think it will be able to fly horizontally on its own though... You'll need something to keep it aloft (like the balloons in the project I linked above).
Yes I will be adding things to it, but in I cannot get the controls, I have tried with stabilizer, but I cannot see where I can edit or configure like the error for pitch and change it. Also I was wondering if changing it in python would be easier. if so how can i download python on the VM as this is my first time dealing with Ubuntu and VM. Unlike the Eclipse it was already there, but the python program is not.