Crazyflie "actual" parameters not responding

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
ptjw
Beginner

Crazyflie "actual" parameters not responding

Post by ptjw »

Hello all, I have recently assembled a crazyflie 2.0 and followed the instructions on the "Get Started" page including installing the VM to interface with the drone via PC.

I have managed to get everything set up, and I am using an old Sidewinder Precision Joystick which I was able to successfully get detected in the VM.

My problem is when I increase the throttle, or make any sort of input, I can see the "Target" parameters updating, but the "Actual" parameters don't budge.

When I mapped a button to Attitude Hold and press it, the drone comes to life and flies around out of control. Why are my normal controls not reacting and only Attitude Hold? Am I missing out on something here? Thanks!
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie "actual" parameters not responding

Post by tobias »

Do you have access to a smart phone so you could try with the app just to pinpoint the problem?

My best guess is that it has something to do with the calibration at startup. If you look att the red M1 led when you power it on in your hand it should blink at ~0.5Hz and when you put it on a stable surface it should start blinking faster ~2Hz.