SETUP FOR PS3controller/ROLL PITCH YAW

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
jonasost
Beginner

SETUP FOR PS3controller/ROLL PITCH YAW

Post by jonasost »

Hello!

The quad seems to respond to everything from the ps3 controller. After take of it goes to the side and flight time is a few seconds.

I would like to see how you set it up from the Ps3 controller software and how it should be setup in the crazyflie adjustments. I tried to get the right settings and try to move the sticks and it moves on the screen. Dont know really, how to set this up.

Could you share these settings, or make a setup guide for this ?

thanks
Daniel
Beginner

Re: SETUP FOR PS3controller/ROLL PITCH YAW

Post by Daniel »

Hi

im using the PS3 Mod 2 that comes with the software but i changed one thing which made it much easier to fly. I configured the Yaw on Left 2 so i dont change it accidently with the stick. So once you turn it on and it is placed in the direction you are looking its easy to fly.

Another tip for the configuration is to place the controller on the table so it wont react to the tilt of the controller.

I would be interested to place Yaw+ on Right 2 and Yaw- on Left 2 but till now i haven't found a way to do so so i have to go all the way in one Yaw direction to correct my direction.

Greets

Daniel
bstott
Beginner

Post by bstott »

I am new to this but, the forum posting of 'Contribute .... Mappings' seems to address some of the controller setups. There is a config file *.json buried in %Root%/users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/cfclient/input/*.json

It seems if we make adjustments here it will relate to our use of the game pads. Worth a look?
Redouan
Beginner

Post by Redouan »

Daniel wrote:Hi

im using the PS3 Mod 2 that comes with the software but i changed one thing which made it much easier to fly. I configured the Yaw on Left 2 so i dont change it accidently with the stick. So once you turn it on and it is placed in the direction you are looking its easy to fly.

Another tip for the configuration is to place the controller on the table so it wont react to the tilt of the controller.

I would be interested to place Yaw+ on Right 2 and Yaw- on Left 2 but till now i haven't found a way to do so so i have to go all the way in one Yaw direction to correct my direction.

Greets

Daniel
Hi,

I still can't save a configuration file. How do you bypass the bug? I mean if i choose PS3_controller_2 and want to add the button "X"" for "stop motors" the client won't let me save the file (it gives me error if I restart). Can you post how to adjust/edit the PS3 Mod 2?
Daniel
Beginner

Post by Daniel »

1. Connect your controller
2. Open the CF-Client
3. Menue Input device/configure device mapping
4. The input device configuration window opens and shows your controller (in my case PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller usw) now click on the Configure button on the right side
5. Now choose PS3_Mode_2 in the Dropdown menue "Profile Name"
6. click on Load and check if something happens if you move the thrust or something else (just to make sure the controller works)
7. Place your controller on your desk!! (otherwise it can happen that it reacts to the tilt of the ps3 controller)
8. Click the Detect of the option you want to change
9. Push the Button you want to use
10. Check if it works by pushing the button you chose (the option will be checked if it works)
11. click on the save-button
12. restart the CF-Client

these are the steps that work fine for me. Hope i was able to Help

Greets

Daniel
Redouan
Beginner

Post by Redouan »

Daniel wrote:1. Connect your controller
2. Open the CF-Client
3. Menue Input device/configure device mapping
4. The input device configuration window opens and shows your controller (in my case PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller usw) now click on the Configure button on the right side
5. Now choose PS3_Mode_2 in the Dropdown menue "Profile Name"
6. click on Load and check if something happens if you move the thrust or something else (just to make sure the controller works)
7. Place your controller on your desk!! (otherwise it can happen that it reacts to the tilt of the ps3 controller)
8. Click the Detect of the option you want to change
9. Push the Button you want to use
10. Check if it works by pushing the button you chose (the option will be checked if it works)
11. click on the save-button
12. restart the CF-Client

these are the steps that work fine for me. Hope i was able to Help

Greets

Daniel
Thank you for the tutorial and your time! But how do bypass the bug in the client? Because if you restart the client, the profile PS3_Mode_2 is not there anymore. See this link https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyfli ... -is-broken if you want to know what I am referring to. Greets Redouan
pHysiX
Beginner

Post by pHysiX »

The latest PC client has fixed the bug I believe. At least for me, Ive been working in the VM and that has been solved.

I have posted some instructions in another thread in General Discussions. Have a look and try it out. Let me know if you need any more help.

I am definitely happier with the fact that I can actually remap my gamepad and dont need to restart every time! :D

Regards,
Ian
Redouan
Beginner

Post by Redouan »

pHysiX wrote:The latest PC client has fixed the bug I believe. At least for me, Ive been working in the VM and that has been solved.

I have posted some instructions in another thread in General Discussions. Have a look and try it out. Let me know if you need any more help.

I am definitely happier with the fact that I can actually remap my gamepad and dont need to restart every time! :D

Regards,
Ian
Thank you very much! I manage to add the newest building into the client. I am now able to save a gamepad mapping and also don't have to restart it. I can adjust every controller.
I have just the code from the bitbucket repo. See the screenprint.

Thanks again!, now time for more flight training

Greets, Redouan
Attachments
Latest code
Latest code
pHysiX
Beginner

Post by pHysiX »

Good to hear mate!!!

Happy flying!!!

Regards,