Throttle sensativity?

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
pablo_paul
Beginner

Throttle sensativity?

Post by pablo_paul »

Finally managed my first flight the first thing i noticed was that if i get the CF in a hover Imm of movement in the throttle control will either drop the CF out of the sky or start it climbing rapidly. Does everyone find this? Throttle feels very sensitive compared to the other controls.
skube

Re: Throttle sensativity?

Post by skube »

I also find the thrust wildly variable at times. I'm hoping the firmware gets updated with a hover mode soon. :D
Crazyflie Nano 10-DOF | AR Drone v1 | MikroKopter Okto
TheFrog4u
Expert

Post by TheFrog4u »

Try playing around with min/max thrust, slewlimit and slewrate.
phiamo has coded some sort of hover mode here
pablo_paul
Beginner

Post by pablo_paul »

I've been flying a bit more. After a fresh recharge i reduce max power to 70% and decrease throttle slew to 30%. This means even if I do momentarily move the throttle I can catch it. As the battery drains i increase max power to 80% and set slew to 25%.
I have seen the new firmware and have the dev environment setup so when i get a bit of down time i will give it ago. To me altitude control is the way forward it will reduce the work rate and allow you more precise control because you have to think less....
DesTinY

Post by DesTinY »

In my opinion the input sensitivity in general is to sensitive. For example if you push the throttle stick, most of the time i unintentionally push the yaw (left/right) direction a little bit, too.
Maybe depending on input device, but it should be adjustable in the Client. Something like a axis dead zone, but with re-seized values after the deadzone.
For MotioninJoy Users there is an option (as Hotfix). (see Pic.) But without re-seized values after the deadzone.

ziltoid
Beginner

Post by ziltoid »

Try using the shoulderbuttons, works alot better for me.