2.0 motor mounts on 1.0?

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
Analogy
Beginner

2.0 motor mounts on 1.0?

Post by Analogy »

Hey guys, I have a Crazyflie 1.0, I want to increase its payload capacity and I see the 2.0 uses bigger motors and battery, I was wondering if I could just buy the 2.0 motor mounts and motors and use them with my 1.0 or if there would be issues?
chad
Expert

Re: 2.0 motor mounts on 1.0?

Post by chad »

Interesting! I have both a Crazyflie 1 and Crazyflie 2. I might try it, but I'm not sure if it will work... Also not sure if I want to de/re-solder those CF1 motors, that was a delicate operation for me!
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
Analogy
Beginner

Post by Analogy »

I would appreciate it a ton if you'd check on that for me! If it's not gonna work out I'll just go ahead and buy a 2.0 then. How's the payload on the 2.0? I'm looking at throwing an FPV camera and transmitter worth about 10 grams to it, will it still fly okay?

And I'm pretty used to delicate soldering so undoing the motors shouldn't be a big issue. I've already had to swap out one motor due to a crash.
chad
Expert

Post by chad »

Analogy wrote:I would appreciate it a ton if you'd check on that for me! If it's not gonna work out I'll just go ahead and buy a 2.0 then.
I checked out the Crazyflie 2 motor mounts and the Crazyflie 1 arms. The CF1 arms are about 2/3rds the width of the CF2 arms, so the CF2 mounts do not fit the CF1 airframe. I imagine you could tighten the fit with electrician's tape or something but, well yeah, anyway...
Analogy wrote:How's the payload on the 2.0? I'm looking at throwing an FPV camera and transmitter worth about 10 grams to it, will it still fly okay?
According to the Crazyflie 2 hardware specs, the max recommended payload weight is 15g so your 10g camera and transmitter should work out OK.
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
Analogy
Beginner

Post by Analogy »

Sweet, thanks a lot for checking on that for me.