Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
tomjn
Beginner

Notes & Assembly

Post by tomjn »

I wrote up some of my assembly and initial flight tests, photos too

http://www.tomjn.com/341/crazyflie-nano ... ter-notes/

Things to note:

- I've not seen anybody mention the small A on the propellers indicating anti-clockwise, there's no need to squint at rotor blade curvature
- It's not mentioned in the instructions which way the propellers should be put on, the smooth side should go on the bottom and the etched/nobbly side on top
- Callibrate your 360 controller if its new before testing things out, I havent figured out the controls entirely, but they make a lot more sense once callibrated
- Windows 8 refuses to install the crazyradio driver as it's unsigned, you need to reboot into advanced startup and select disable driver signature enforcement before you can continue

atomicdog
Expert

Re: Notes & Assembly

Post by atomicdog »

- I've not seen anybody mention the small A on the propellers indicating anti-clockwise, there's no need to squint at rotor blade curvature
Mine don't have the A. I'm guessing they added that for some of the later orders.
6-DOF CF | wireless xbox 360 controller
bstott
Beginner

Post by bstott »

I got my flie May 2nd and I've got an 'A'.

Good catch. I did see that --- Thanks for the pointers. They will help.
willminers
Beginner

Post by willminers »

My "a" propellors need to go clockwise, weirdly. That was confusing when I was building!
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi tomjn,

Nice notes and pictures :D

The reason for not mentioning the A is that it doesn't apply to all of the propellers. Some have it, some don't and some have it in the wrong place I think. I'm not sure if it's been added lately but there's a note in the assembly instructions what side of the propeller goes up/down.

I've started the Windows 8 install instructions for the Crazyradio driver but so far I just have the link to show how to install unsigned drivers.

/Marcus