Automatic reconnect

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
Surrender
Expert

Automatic reconnect

Post by Surrender »

Received my crazyflie yesterday, assembled it this afternoon and now I'm playing around with this funny guy.

There is one problem:
When i'm moving inside the house e.g. some rooms away from the Crazyradio (~12m) I get a lot of disconnects. When i connect again, it can hold the connection for a short time and then it disconnects again. But everytime it disconnects, I have to go back into my room and press "Quick Connect".
It disconnects because packets lost during transfer, but when its connected its fairly stable to control, so there should not be a disconnect.

There should be an option to automatically reconnect immediately or after e.g. 1 second.
TheFrog4u
Expert

Re: Automatic reconnect

Post by TheFrog4u »

might be interference with a wifi. Try choosing another channel and increasing the bandwith.
Surrender
Expert

Post by Surrender »

I tried to choose another channel (40) and i increased the bandwith to 1Mbit and then to 2Mbit. But now it disconnects after 3 Meters, when I'm going out of my room!
I get the best range with the 250kBit. Is there hack to increase the range? Maybe the range is better outside or in a large room, but there must be another solution to get better results.

Thanks anyway TheFrog4u :)
Surrender
Expert

Post by Surrender »

The range of the signal is very bad, is there a hard- or softwaresolution to extend the range (more transmitter power, change antenna)?
Wich type of connector is used for the antenna? Its smaller than the normal WiFi interface used on e.g. WLAN Access Points.
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

I didn't double check but I thought it was just a regular RP-SMA connector.
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107