LED ring PC client interface

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
buildsrobots
Beginner

LED ring PC client interface

Post by buildsrobots »

Hi,

I have a CrazyFlie 2.0, which I have configured to work on two different laptops. One is Windows 7 and the other is Windows 8. I installed the CrazyFlie client software on both laptops, and I am able to control the CrazyFlie with both machines. I also have the LED ring expansion board.

On the Windows 7 machine, I notice there is a control panel for the LED ring on the lower-left corner of the PC client software. It is entitled "Expansion Boards" and there is a label of "LED-ring effect" with a dropdown box to select the effect; this works perfectly and does control the LED effects on my CrazyFlie. On the Windows 8 machine, the PC client has no such "Expansion Boards" section.

My question: Is there a CrazyFlie client setting that I can enable to see and interact with this "Expansion Boards" section? I know that my CrazyFlie firmware is OK, because it works on one laptop, but not the other. I believe the issue is in the client software, perhaps a config setting.

Additional information: I can open the "Parameters" tab, and control the LED-ring effects from inside that tab with both laptops. I am hoping only to understand the CrazyFlie client software better (configuration settings, et al).

- thanks!
derf
Expert

Re: LED ring PC client interface

Post by derf »

Hi,
Please check if you use the same version of the Crazyflie client software on both laptops.
buildsrobots
Beginner

Post by buildsrobots »

Hi,

Thank you for your response. On the Windows 8 machine, the CrazyFlie client is 2014.01.0. The documentation suggests that for this version, the Expansion Boards panel https://wiki.bitcraze.io/doc:crazyflie: ... ient:index should be available.

On my attached screenshot, you can see that the panel is missing in the lower-left corner. Also, I do not have the option for "LED ring" in the View->tabs menu.

When I return to the other laptop, I can confirm that version as well.

- thanks again!
Attachments
crazyflie_client_Win8.png
derf
Expert

Post by derf »

Hi,

The LED ring option has been available for a long time in the dev-branch, but was just released officially in version 2015.08:
https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-c ... ag/2015.08

Regards,

Fred
buildsrobots
Beginner

Post by buildsrobots »

Hi,

Thank you! That did solve the problem.
Resolved.png
Also, thank you for updating the link to the Client software to point to the new version 8-)